COMMEMORATIVE ACTS AND RE-ENACTMENT
Saturday, October 18th
11:00 A.M. Concentration of all re-enactment groups in the Alameda walkway (monument to Guzmán el Bueno). Explanations and fraternization with the public.
11:30 A.M. Hoisting of the Spanish flag in the Castle of Guzmán el Bueno. Salute of honor.
12:00 P.M. Commemorative parade by British, Napoleonic and Spanish re-enactment groups to the sound of fife and drum marches of the era.
Route: The Alameda walkway, San Julián square, Colón street, María Antonia Toledo street, Jerez street, Jerez Gate, Andalucía avenue, Constitución avenue, Mar Gate, Sancho IV “El Bravo” street.
12:45 P.M. Sancho IV “El Bravo” street (opposed to the Main Church of San Mateo).
– Ceremony in memory of the 1811-1812 events, the protagonists of belligerent countries and tribute to the Peace 202 years later.
– Performance of national anthems by the Municipal Music Band of Tarifa, hoisting of flags and salutes of honor.
13:30 P.M. Retiro Gate.
– Offering of laurel wreath at the foot of the monument to the Spanish general D. Francisco de Copons y Navia, hero of the defense of Tarifa against the napoleonic troops.
– Performance of the Spanish “Grenadier March”, played by the fifes and drums, and the British “Amazing Grace”, with bagpipes, in honor of the fallen.
– Salutes of honor.
16:00 – 18:00 P.M. Opening of the military camp set up on the esplanades of the former headquarters of Marines in María de Molina street.
18:30 P.M. Walls of the Caleta promenade.
– 1st Part of the Historical Reenactment of the Defense of Tarifa. The Siege.
21:00 P.M. Main Church of San Mateo.
– Reenactment of the tribute of the baton from general Copons to the Virgin of the Light, patron of Tarifa.
23:00 P.M. Retreat of Spanish and British troops through the streets of the centre of Tarifa, from the office of Tourism (at the Alameda walkway) to their headquarters.
Sunday, October 19th
10:00 – 11:30 A.M. Opening of the military camp set up on the esplanades of the former headquarters of Marines in María de Molina street.
11:45 P.M. Retiro Gate Walls
– 2nd Part of the Historical Reenactment of the Defense of Tarifa. The Breach.
13:45 P.M. Retiro Gate.
– Symbolic act of oath of the Constitution of 1812. Thanks and farewell to the participant reenactment groups. – Performance of the ancient ballad of the Siege of Tarifa by the parish choir. .